Woodswatch-by-the-Pool is one of the nineteen castles along The Wall belonging to the Night's Watch. Long abandoned, it is now naught but ruins. Its name derives from the small pond on its southern side. It lies between Sable Hall, to the east, and Oakenshield, to the west.
- Castle: It is in huge disrepair. Most buildings have either collapsed or missing parts of their roof.
- Weirwood tree: A weirwood tree with a rather small trunk is located in one of the former buildings.
- Collapsed tunnel: As it is the case with most castles of the Night's Watch, the tunnel that used to pass through the Wall has now been sealed.
- Stairway: A ruined stairway can be observed leading all the way up to the top of the Wall.
- Underground tunnels: Underground passages used to link the buildings between them, useful especially during harsh winter times. Sleeping areas and prison cells are also located underneath the ground in those tunnels.