New Builders' Guide
If you are reading this and are a new builder, congratulations and welcome to the team! You are now a part of the build team of WesterosCraft.
After you have successfully completed all the challenges that moderators give you during your application process, your probation begins. Think of probation is an in-game continuation of the application process; it helps to slowly introduce new builders to how the server operates. The probation period normally lasts around one month. Once you have completed the following steps to the satisfaction of the moderating team, you will be promoted to full builder status.
Find Something to Build
The best place to start is in game at /warp build. Here project leaders will advertise areas with plots available for building.
Check all recent projects on the forums and see if any of them have villages or hamlets open to build at. If that fails, just ask anyone in game and more often than not someone will point you in the right direction.
Be sure to check out our General Building Guidelines or more information on our plot building system.
After being approved, every new builder will be required to undergo a 4 week probationary period. While on probation, a new builder is still considered a builder; however there are certain restrictions placed on them.
1. Make a new thread called: "Probation: yourplayername" in the Probation forum.
2. Build at least five houses in five different locations. Be sure to place a builder tag with your name on it at each build. Once a build is completed, comment on your probation thread with the following information:
- Place a sign with your name and the build number above the house (you can use a distinctive block so that it stands out as yours).
- The warp should be the nearest available warp as seen from the Dynamic Map
- The XYZ coordinates should be near to the center of your build, found by pressing F3 in game.
3. Wait for a probation leader to claim your probation and give you feedback on your builds. Any builder who is an approved probation leader or a moderator may assume leadership of probation. Project leaders, though not responsible for your probation, will likely also give you feedback which you must also follow. For how our in-game feedback system works, check out the General Building Guidelines.
4. Assuming you successfully completed all requirements of probation (build five quality houses at five different locations, maintain activity, and display a favorable attitude) you will be promoted to full builder status by a moderator.
"I NEED SOMETHING TO DO!"
Can't find any plots? Waiting for feedback on a house you've built? Here are a few things you can do keep busy on the server.
- Ask builders if they need any help with their project. Projects are more than just house plots. Castles need to be furnished, fields fenced, barns built, boats added to rivers, forests planted. Just because they don't have any plots, doesn't mean project leaders don't need you.
- Plan a mini-app. Completing mini-apps (hamlets, quarries, lumber camps, mills) is the quickest way to getting your first project started. Check the forums and /warp build or just ask around to find out what mini-apps are available.
- Test for a server build. Scattered around the Test world are areas dedicated to testing for major locations that haven't been started or are planned for re-do (e.g. Dorne, Old Town, Gull Town, Harrenhal). You can feel free to test out ideas for these at any time (just remember to tag your work!).
- Build something in the playground. Playground can be used to build anything you like (within community guidelines).
As a new builder, we want you to keep in touch with the community and the latest happenings. Read the forums, like our facebook page, subscribe to our YouTube channel, follow our instagram, or hang out in Discord, up to you, just don't be shy!
- Once you are promoted to full builder status, you are welcome to claim a 200x200 test plot in our test world. Find an empty plot and ask a moderator in game to assign it to you.
- If you would prefer to have another probation leader (due to time zones, communication issues, or whatever), please notify an admin through private message.
- Any former builder that was demoted due to inactivity will be allowed to skip the probation period once they successfully re-apply. However, if they were demoted for any other reason, they will be required to undergo another probationary period.
- If you have completed your 5 houses in 5 different locations, you may, during your probation, apply for a Mini Build within another Main Project. Check the General Building Guidelines for more detail.
- If for some reason your forum name does not match your in-game name, please request it to be changed here.